Things that go wrong in houses and flats
Everyday minor injuries
Other everyday problems
– I’ve mislaid Bob’s letter. Have you seen it anywhere? [put it somewhere and can’t find it]
– She spilt some coffee on the carpet. I hope it doesn’t stain, [leave a permanent mark]
– I overslept this morning and was half an hour late for work.
– I’ve locked myself out. Can I use your phone to ring my wife?
– The car won’t start. I hope it’s nothing serious.
– The kitchen clock’s slow/fast/stopped. What time d’you make it?