Many adverbs end in -ly for example happily, nicely. But some words that end in -ly are adjectives, not adverbs.
– The most important are friendly, lovely, lonely, ugly, silly, cowardly, likely, unlikely.
– She gave me a friendly smile. Her singing was lovely
There are no adverbs friendly or friendlily, lovely or lovelily, etc. We have to use different structures.
– She smiled at me in a friendly way (NOT She smiled at-me friendly )
– He gave a silly laugh. (NOT He laughed silly )
Daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, and early are both adjectives and adverbs.
– It’s a daily paper. It comes out daily.
– an early train I got up early.